Books??!!!?!!?

Started by
3 comments, last by maxd gaming 20 years, 4 months ago
I have 135$ (CAD) to spend and am really interested in Direct X. I know c++ all the way up to templates, (although a very weak grasp on virtual functions I have C++ books though to study from) and understand the concepts behind DirectDraw, I am very interested in Direct3D 9 (since DirectDraw is quickly becoming dated, and because 3d is cool) but do not know the math or the syntax. If you coulde recomend some good Direct3D for game programming books to me (~135) i''ll be greatly appreciative.
The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
Advertisement
Umm, see that link above that says Books & Software?

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Yep...I have looked through that, all books have great reviews so I can''t make a decision...
The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
Andre LaMothe books are very good. Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus is said to be his best. Make sure you have the latest edition, however (I am not sure what it is).

Scott Simontis
e-mail:ageofscott@comcast.net
AIM:ssimontis
Scott SimontisMy political blog
I''d go with the Tricks book as well. One of the better beginner''s game programming books out there in my opinion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement