Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Managed DirectX Reference

This topic is 5119 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for... basically an API reference manual for Managed DirectX (geared towards C#). Currently, the MSDN documentation has skeleton documentation. I'm not looking for any books for "how to use DirectX in C#", I simply want a reference manual for all of the classes, interfaces, methods, and detailed explanations of HOW TO USE THEM. "How the rendering pipeline works" isn't really what I'm after. I don't care whether it's buy-at-the-store books, web guides, "RTFM" (with a link, hopefully) or what. If there exists no such thing, I am considering putting together VS.Net compatible XML comment files for the .dlls as I learn how different parts of the system work (although this task is too huge for me alone). Example: Locking a vertex buffer. You can get an array or a GraphicsStream. What are the benefits of a stream? or an Array? What is the function expecting? What makes it crash? What is BAD? -- This kind of thing would save everyone so much time. [edited by - Nypyren on December 13, 2003 1:05:28 AM]