Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I cant get this List View / Image thing to work

This topic is 5114 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a list view, I have an image list. I attached the Image list to the list view. THe image list contains 32x32 24bit bmp images. Ive been trying for the last hour to display the bloody images from the image list in the list view. The documentation is so horrid and the online examples are 98% MFC based (from non mincrosoft sources). The Win32 samples dont do what I want or are so fancy that they prove essntially useless to me. I want absolutly nothing fancy, I just want the F**king image to display. AHHHHHH, has anyone done this before? I think I'm having trouble filling out the LVITEM struct used for adding items to the List View. I do this:
LVITEM item;

item.mask   = LVIF_IMAGE;
item.iImage = g_FirstPictureIndex;

SendDlgItemMessage( hWnd,   
                    IDC_LIST2,
                    (UINT) LVM_INSERTITEM,      
                    (LPARAM)&item);
Which does nothing (it fails)....this is so aggravating...has anyone done this before? Thanks. Actually, thats not all. I have some other questions: Do I need to insert columns first? The iImage is reffered to as "index of the list view item's icon " does icon include bitmap images? Now think im done. Any info would help, thanks. [edited by - Mulligan on December 13, 2003 2:18:38 AM]