D3D IM and MFC

Started by
0 comments, last by jaymz 23 years, 9 months ago
I''ve got D3D IM running in a Appwizard generated MDI app... it works fine, closes fine, but when I try to close the current view, and open an new View Window, I get access violations. I haven''t changed anything in the Doc class, most all of the code is in the View class I init d3d in CView''s OnInitialUpdate() function. I shutdown d3d in CView''s OnDestroy() function. All rendering is done in CView''s OnUpdate function. Anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
Hmm. Are you calling the default OnDestroy() when you''re done? One thing many people forget is that a lot of stuff goes on in these calls, and if you don''t do the normal logic with it you can wind up with a semi-destroyed window and a lot of odd behaviour.

Other places to shutdown you might try would be an OnClose override or in the destructor of the view.

If this doesn''t help tell me. I don''t usually check this forum so e-mail or icq works (I''m only here because I saw your note in mine...)

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement