listboxes created with LBS_MULTICOLUMN

Started by
3 comments, last by Raloth 20 years, 4 months ago
I have a listbox that I made with LBS_MULTICOLUMN so I could have entries side by side, but I can''t get it to behave the way I want it to. It makes the vertical scrollbar on the right disappear that otherwise exists. Also, I can''t find a way to add items directly to the second column. It just waits until it fills up the first until moving on to the second. The MSDN has been useless so far in trying to figure this out. Can anyone help me?
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Advertisement
I''m not sure but I think you might want a list-view control with LVS_REPORT style instead of a listbox control with LBS_MULTICOLUMN. (A listbox control with LBS_MULTICOLUMN is a listbox that scrolls horizontally, which explains why your veritcal scroll bar disappears.)
Thanks, that looks like it is what I want too. Unfortunately, MinGW doesn''t feel like compiling anything once I use the necessary defines/functions . It just gives undeclared identifier errors, even though they are included in the header...
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
I got it to somewhat work but it isn't what I want . I just need 3 columns that I can add text to, and going through all the trouble of getting a list-view control working doesn't seem worth it.

[edit] Oh well, I went ahead and did it anyway. Does anyone know how to add items to anything other than the first column?

[edited by - Raloth on December 13, 2003 10:33:28 PM]
You know, if I understand what you''re trying to do, it might just be easier to make three normal listboxes that are side by side.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement