• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roof Top Pew Wee

Strongly typed arrays and sorting in C#.

This topic is 5274 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wanted a strongly typed array, so I just made a class inherited from CollectionBase with the Add and Remove methods and also put a property in. But I want to sort the array as well, so is it possible to inherit the ArrayList and do the same thing, but utilize the sort function? --Vic-- Actually, while I'm at it, here's another question. I used to sort with a linked list in C++. Would it be best to stick with this for speed purposes? Or does the sort function in the ArrayList class compete in speed. [edited by - Roof Top Pew Wee on December 13, 2003 9:03:25 PM]

Advertisement
As a general rule, you can inherit any class you want without fear of breaking things. But then again, all general rules are wrong.

I would think that quicksorting an array would be faster than a linked list. Insertion sort would be about as fast either way, though.

"Without deviation, progress itself is impossible." -- Frank Zappa

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!