Show ,what you have made

Started by
35 comments, last by todi1856 20 years, 3 months ago
Download the windows executable for my Pirate game here. The installer needs some work (no worries, it doesn't change the registry or anything) but some of the shortcuts it creates don't set the start in directory correctly. If you start it from the directory it puts it in, it should work. Anyway, this is my project that I am using to learn opengl.

[edit]I should add that you basically can't do anything other than sail around. But the land looks good![/edit]

[edited by - Mr Grinch on December 20, 2003 4:55:09 PM]
Advertisement
Mr Grinch: Wow I really like you game, the watter efect is nice... good work..
Ive written a 3D kite simulation with OK physics.
Check it out at www.flysim.com

[edited by - kiteflight on December 20, 2003 7:31:38 PM]
I'm working on a simple FPS/puzzler with a neat gimmick:
It takes place in 10 parallel universes, and you can jump between them (assuming that your current location in the other universe is "empty") and view nearby universes.
I'm using a custom engine based on the BUILD engine.
Here's a screenshot in universe 7, looking into universe 8: (in universe 8, the castle-thing has a tower)
new1.jpg

[edited by - TravisWells on December 20, 2003 7:40:32 PM]
quote:Original post by penetrator
yes Skow, i''m working on it for almost 3 yrs and half. In few weeks version 2.0 should be ready. Also your app looks nice, is it a space sim ?

Nope, it''s a RTS.
kiteflight :
wow , you''re probably great with physics ,very cool demo !!!!!

Mr Grinch :
that was a racing ship , not a pirate ship :D:D:D.GREAT demo !!
todi1856: Thanks. The ship is so fast because I get really tired of moving slowly when I just want to test something out. When it becomes more of a game, I''ll slow it down. Or maybe I''ll just add rocket engines to my (crappy) ship model!

Validus: Thanks, the water is actually really simple. I just make what is basically a heightmap of a 2d sine wave. When I draw the waves, I multiply the height of each vertex by another value that is moving between -1 and 1 (it''s another sine function). That makes the waves move up and down. Then I just shift around the texture in a circle. It''s no water simulation, but I''m happy with the result.

If anyone is interested, you can find more about it on the project page. Thanks for the encouragement guys, I appreciate that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement