Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Java web start

This topic is 5113 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I have written a application in java and now I wan''t to use java web start so that it can be lunched from the web. But how do java webstart work? What do I have to do so that my application can be started with java web start? Know any good tutorials about java web start? I''ve understod that it has something to do with a file called JNLP, but i''m not really sure what it''s suppose to do. Tryed google for "Java web start tutorial" but I only got sites that descrive how to install and use java webstart to run applications or something about resource loading. I''m using eclipse IDE for devolopment. Did try to search in it''s help but that didn''t help. LizardCPP

Guest Anonymous Poster
first you have to know that if you don''t have a server that will ''serve'' your JNLP files you''ll be out of luck.
I have an example JNLP file that I could post if you wanted.

Generally speaking, you''ll need everything in your app to be in jar files. These jar files have to be signed as well.

You then have to add something to your server.

Then you post your jar files along with an html file that points to the JNLP file that you''ve made.

If you want details I''ll post them.