• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric_B

free linear programming libraries?

This topic is 5325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
So, Eric... what is "linear" programming? What language? Maybe which OS? What sort of libraries? Math? Graphics? GUI? Joystick input?

Help us help you.

Linear programming comes under math, it''s like genetic programming, but the algorithm searches in linear iterations.

here this might give you some idea. And I found out some libraries on that page too.

*rolls eyes* Right... you should just google for what you''re looking for, since no-one else here yet knows what you''re asking for.

it''s programming techniques for matrix inversion

MTL is the matrix template library
ITL is the iterative template library (by the same guys), which has a number of techniques for inversion.
boost uBLAS performs the Basic Linear Algebra SubPrograms.

I would normally put the links in but it shouldn''t take you more than a few seconds to google for these.

Linear programming is used to search the optimum (min or max) of a problem where you have constraints (inequations) and a linear cost function.

And I don''t know any free libraries to do this. And I won''t even try to google for it. Real men code those libraries themselves if they have to, on a TI-89 (much more practical for the exams) ;-)

Frankly, the whole method is just a bunch of tests and small operations on matrices. Once you have a matrix class and a fairly good grasp of how the algorithm works (easy with a few hand-made samples), there isn''t anything left to do.

Is it real or integer linear programming ?

"I would normally put the links in but it shouldn''t take you more than a few seconds to google for these."

google also returns crappy links. It''s not easy to pick good ones from 100000+ results. I''m not sure which are good libraries for this programming. because this is my first experience with linear programming.

MTL, ITL, and boost uBLAS looks promising, I''ll try those. Thanks!

quote:

Is it real or integer linear programming ?

It needs both options. I don't know simplex method, so building my own algorithm is out of question.

[edited by - Eric_B on December 15, 2003 3:38:28 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!