Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*ignore me* i figured it out

This topic is 5115 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using visual C with directx in full screen mode. My problem is that I dont know how to find the current mouse coordinates. I can detect whenever the mouse moves or clicks or whatever, but I don't know how to get its x and y. I imagine it's because my mouse might be in relative mode, since i don't know how to specify absolute mode when setting the mouse up. I tried working with it (adding up the relative mouse movements) but the results never gave me anything useful. maybe theres a simple command for getting the coordinates? please help, i cant seem to find anything on the subject. thanks! sweet i found it. NM GetCursorPos(&mouse_xy); gamedev.net was down, so obviously i couldnt find the code. [edited by - deanx2578 on December 14, 2003 4:59:55 PM]

If you ever have to do the same thing in windowed mode, use GetCursorPos() and then ScreenToClient(). ScreenToClient converts the the position in screen space to the position in client space. Just for your future reference