Project Fy - Demo available

Started by
5 comments, last by Bruno 20 years, 3 months ago
Head on to www.fysoftware.com We would enjoy to get some feedback regarding gameplay and some other issues that might happen in your machines. There''s some screenshots in the webpage too.., thanks everyone, Bruno
Advertisement
works great on my machine (p4 2.4 GeForce4 mx 440), the graphics and engine are very good. Had some gameplay problems: can''t walk in a straight line for some reason and when i entered the water i couldn''t move. The demo also crash when i exit.

You should add billboarding to the grass models to make them look more realistic, and maybe modify the models distance culling because models appear and disappear too soon when i move closer to them.
Thanks for testing it

You can''t walk in a straight line in the terrain , or in the water ?
When you enter the water and go under it, i forgot to get the die function working, that''s why you cannot move.. eheh, you are dead.., check the blue underwater bar, when that bar is at minimum your health starts to go down, until you die.,Is this the problem ?

The culling problem, yeah, i will change that.

How does the water reflection shows up in the GF 4MX ? Does it have distortion or it''s a simple reflection ?

thanks again,

Bruno
The underwater caustics worked great on my card, same with the water reflection with no distortion.
I managed to move in a straight line when i pressed ''a'' and ''s'' at the same time, and i couldn''t move underwater because i was dead
Hi,

This is a very promising game.

I have some questions/comments for you:
- Is this game supposed to be freeware in the future ?
- Turn the background music on by default.
- The abibility to skip the intro/cut-scene when you replay the mission.
- Make a way that you can see in which way you are walking (compas or an arrow in the map).

Regards,

Vortex
Whoa, you guys still exist! I played the demo like, a year ago, and then didn''t hear anything else. Good to see that you''re still around; keep up the good work

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Vortex..

- Not sure about the freeware thing.., time will tell
- Yes, the cursor on the map will need to be changed, the way it is now, people don''t know where they are heading to.
- Background music is only turned on in some places of the map, then it goes away, the problem is that we are allways turning the same tune on ( lack of diferent tunes ), it''s not supose to be allways playing.

Zealous.. yeah, we are still around And hopefully we will stay around

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement