Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IDGA SIG white paper on game writing

This topic is 5114 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

quote:
Original post by adventuredesign
The IGDA game writing special interest group has published a white paper on game writing that is full of good information.

Linkage

Adventuredesign

[edited by - adventuredesign on December 14, 2003 7:27:09 PM]

Thanks. It was interesting, though I have a question that really bugs me: why are all these papers about game developing focused on how to do it on big markets. I mean, how about small developers? And how about all the european, asian ... developers?

A

quote:
Original post by aiosup
quote:
Original post by adventuredesign
The IGDA game writing special interest group has published a white paper on game writing that is full of good information.

Linkage

Adventuredesign

[edited by - adventuredesign on December 14, 2003 7:27:09 PM]

Thanks. It was interesting, though I have a question that really bugs me: why are all these papers about game developing focused on how to do it on big markets. I mean, how about small developers? And how about all the european, asian ... developers?

A

Good question, I think maybe part of it was they were just focusing on practical realities of the market and trying to serve the membership best in a pragmatic sense. I think the techniques they describe will work in both markets in a functional sense.

Adventuredesign