confused

Started by
3 comments, last by GoofProg 23 years, 9 months ago
I tried to create an isometric tile but I cannot get them to plot equally. Is there a special diamond shape that must be used? I was looking for the perfect isometric diamond shape with my little paint program, but when I paint the tiles the spaces in between them are not equal to the tile that I have drawn. Can someone give me several pointers? Thanks in advance

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

Advertisement
Sorry, I replied this but accidentally clicked "new post"...
Look in the topic list for "tile shape"...

Samah

"...the grave is no bar to my call..." - The Horn Of Valere

Edited by - Samah on July 17, 2000 11:35:40 PM

Edited by - Samah on July 17, 2000 11:36:06 PM
Umm... yah what he replied with was a hex tile... TANSTAFAL (I think it was him) Did an article on it somewhere around here... find it and you''ll be happy!
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
That wasn''t a hex tile...

It may have 6 edges, but the top and bottom are more like ''corners''. It allows the tile to perfectly tesselate without any gaps.

Samah

The diamond can be any shape or size. You just have to figure out the math for your specific tile.

XPos=X*4-Y*2
YPos=X*3+Y*1

In my case it''s a multiple of the above formula.

X and Y are the tile positions in the map. XPos and YPos are where the tile will be drawn to the screen.

Ben

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement