Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anybody give me some info re. the Win32 registry?

This topic is 5110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As part of my collage project I need to be able to access the Win32 registry via Java (I need to write the implementation myself). My biggest problem is that I have heard conflicting views on the structure of the registry. What we see from programs like regedit is the typical hierarchial structure that I assumed the registry to be. Brian Maso''s white paper on URL protocol handling also suggests that this method be used to access the registry. However, I was recently told by the two lecturers supervising the project that the registry holds a database like structure, and that it may be possible to connect to it via something like the JDBC... So what I''m looking for is information or documentation regarding the structure and/or architecture of the win32 registry. Before anybody says it, I have searched in both Google and MSDN and returned nothing of any use, just the basics of the visible hierarchial structure, and methods of accessing it through various in-built SDKs. Does anybody know of a good resource that I could use?

SketchSoft OFFLINE | SketchNews | NewKlear Studios