GLUT on Win32...anyone got this to work??

Started by
2 comments, last by OpenGL_Guru 20 years, 4 months ago
has anyone gotten GLUT to work on a win32 project? if so could someone lead the way through a link or perhaps some code. i am looking to make my own "trackball" class for manipulating my object on the screen with the mouse, and GLUT seems to be the easiest and most effective way to do this. i know about lesson 48 about the arcball but this doesnt work much well at all with other objects that are not circular or does not have the same continuing surface. thanks in advance!
heh
Advertisement
What about glut is not working for you? A bit more information on the specific problem you are having would help.
well i am on a win32 project.. not a win console. i am using Visual C++ 6.0. as it stands you just cannot include glut when you are already including windows interaction including in your program already. i am wanting to know how to include the glut callbacks but still have my windows callbacks intact. i read where it has been done but dont know if anyone here has tried it. the reason i want this is b/c glut offers very easy and neat features for mouse and keyboard interaction., especially when it comes to moving objects with the mouse on your screen that are in the 3D world. so is there a way for GLUT and windows to share effectively messaging commands for the keyboard and mouse?
heh
I can''t see any solution short of modifying the GLUT source code. Good exercise, though.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement