Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know if

This topic is 5110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

this book is for VB.Net ? Introduction to 3D Game Programming With DirectX 9.0 I can''t seem to get any joy from the sellers etc on it?

Yep, I realise VB isn''t the most popular choice I used to program years ago in assember, C, C++ but that was way back in ''95. See SpaceInvader demo I wrote @ www.elpuerco.co.uk.

But as I now program in VB.NET for a living it seems logical to carry on the fun programming using the same language. I have seen many amazing things that can now be done in VB.NET utilizing the .NET Framework etc.

I am on a steep learning curve at present what with learning the mechanics of game programming, 3D graphics creation and then DirectX. The thought of learning C++ or C# is just something I will avoid, especially as for example the topper game Parp available for download at http://www.jeremypardon.com/parp/pages/downloads.html which was written in C++ could just as easily be writtin in VB.NET

I long for the books that will come out to cover VB.NET in more detail, as it is only a matter of time....