Does anyone know if

Started by
3 comments, last by Hog 20 years, 4 months ago
this book is for VB.Net ? Introduction to 3D Game Programming With DirectX 9.0 I can''t seem to get any joy from the sellers etc on it?
(Visual Basic .NET) www.elpuerco.co.uk
Advertisement
If you''re talking about the one from Wordware, written by Frank Luna, then no, it''s for MSVC++ 6 and 7. You might be able to integrate, though.
I believe any game dev book for VB.NET will say so pretty specifically in its title, since VB isn''t a typical language for games.

I like pie.
[sub]My spoon is too big.[/sub]
Yep, I realise VB isn''t the most popular choice I used to program years ago in assember, C, C++ but that was way back in ''95. See SpaceInvader demo I wrote @ www.elpuerco.co.uk.

But as I now program in VB.NET for a living it seems logical to carry on the fun programming using the same language. I have seen many amazing things that can now be done in VB.NET utilizing the .NET Framework etc.

I am on a steep learning curve at present what with learning the mechanics of game programming, 3D graphics creation and then DirectX. The thought of learning C++ or C# is just something I will avoid, especially as for example the topper game Parp available for download at http://www.jeremypardon.com/parp/pages/downloads.html which was written in C++ could just as easily be writtin in VB.NET

I long for the books that will come out to cover VB.NET in more detail, as it is only a matter of time....
(Visual Basic .NET) www.elpuerco.co.uk
There is a book on Managed DirectX by Tom Miller. I believe the code in the book is C#, but it''s nearly the same.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement