Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

run_time loading

This topic is 5115 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hallo I''d like to ask some hints about a fact I''m experiencing. I''m relatively new to openGL extensions and run-time loading anyway here''s the question : During initialization of my program I perform run-time loading of openGL functions declaring the pointers, calling LoadLibrary and then using GetProcAddress. I thought it was right(and in effect for almost the whole of functions I use during program execution it works), but when I checked all the pointers to be non NULL (a control I added in a second time) I had some surprises : openGL extensions functions as glActiveTexturesARB or glClientActiveTextureARB fail to load for example... So I thought to use wglGetProcAddress instead of GetProcAddress, (I loaded this function together open gl run-time loading and I simply use it to create various routines to specifically loading extensions) a little bit later in code execution and it worked . Could someone tell me why extensions fail to load with GetProcAddress? Maybe I cannot load extensions functions addresses with GetProcAddress and if so, why? Many Thanks Saberman

glext functions are not directly exported by opengl32.dll, since that''s not the dll that provides them. They are provided by the graphics driver''s OpenGL layer. Therefore, they aren''t seen in opengl32.dll''s symbol table.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke