Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C++ preprocessor question

This topic is 5111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to add a command to the pre-processor. specifically to VC? like add "#something" or some other way it can do work on at compile time. I know i could batch run the source through a program which did the work first and then compile the generated code, but i would prefer this to be in place.

Is there a way to add a command to the pre-processor. specifically to VC? like add "#something" or some other way it can do work on at compile time.

No.

I know i could batch run the source through a program which did the work first and then compile the generated code, but i would prefer this to be in place.

That''s what a preprocessor is.

quote:
Original post by Tiffany
I think he was trying to get it to work within the current preprocessor... not completely generate a new one.

Correct.

quote:
Original post by Sneftel
Check out boost:: preprocessor. Not quite what you're asking, but it may be what you want.

Thanks though.

quote:
Original post by C-Junkie
No, you can't add your own #directives.

what are you trying to do?

specifically I would like to have "#crc DEFINE Text" which could work like a define and replace itself in code, but instead of doing a straight replace, crc the string and dump that value in.

edit: typo

[edited by - Rob Smith on December 15, 2003 6:49:19 PM]