Anyone seen the movie Equilibrium?

Started by
31 comments, last by johnnyBravo 20 years, 3 months ago
Surely everyone in the Matrix cant be brainwashed into thinking there are no other cities? I''d bet they go to other cities with other people...its just more coding.

As far as other cities in Equi, Id think other city-states would hear about it, albeit slowly, and at governement and resistance levels only.
Alfred Norris, VoodooFusion StudiosTeam Lead - CONFLICT: Omega A Post-Apocalyptic MMO ProjectJoin our team! Positions still available.CONFLICT:Omega
Advertisement
thed77, if you''re referring to my post, you''ll note that I said there are "finite" moves, not "few". However, I still think you could replicate a near-limitless number of moves by defining a dozen stances of the legs, a dozen postures of the upper body, and two dozen or so poses for each arm, modifiable for fine-tuning and aim. Then, instead of inverse kinematics, which invariably looks sloppy, you could produce the crisp, stylish motions of the gun kata without being fenced in too much.

After all, the gun kata are based on two pistols, and while preston was able to adapt them for use with two shotguns with many of the same techniques, he used the G36 at the end just like anyone else with a rifle would, albeit with characteristically superhuman accuracy and speed.

I thought I read that Librium was the first and only city of that magnitude to arise after WW3. Overtaking it annihilated the entire system of oppression and control.

As for the Matrix, there were no people in the Matrix at the end of "Revolutions". Just a handful of programs. Everyone else had first been turned into Smiths, and then purged of the Smith program and ejected. Whether they''re awake or not isn''t addressed, but I imagine that the terms of the truce could include machines helping people recover and enter human society.

i believe if some1 made a game with gun katas it would be quite successful.

Like all these games now, using "matrix" style effects in their games for style. But the gun katas in the movie show that you don't need matrix effects for the game to be really stylish.

Im actually getting quite bored of all the matrix stuff now.

i dont see how the movie got bad ratings as usually im quite picky to the movies i actually like, and i thought equilliberium was better than the last two matrix episodes, or atleast in style

[edited by - johnnyBravo on December 21, 2003 3:05:38 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement