World Creator: Iso/2D/Psuedo3d/ Tiling Software

Started by
14 comments, last by Activ8 20 years, 3 months ago
Yes the creator''s objective with this thread isn''t that clear.
Advertisement
Yes, it is available as freeware, logon to www.inet2inet.com for more details.

Regards
Activ8
quote:Original post by Activ8
Rather than go into loads of technical details of how the sofware works if your interested then it can be downloaded from here www.inet2inet.com

or if you would rather a couple of Screenshots then www.inet2inet.com/IsoDemo1.gif
www.inet2inet.com/Pseudo3D.gif

Regards to All. Hope you find the software useful.

Activ8

All you had to do was read his post and cut and paste. It''s not that hard.

I''ll even save you the pasting. just click
www.inet2inet.com
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
none of the links on that site work for me.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
none of the links on that site work for me.

Mmmmh! Really? Then I would look at the settings in your Browser.

To answer a few queries regarding the World Creator software:

Q: Does the World Creator create a complete and entire World.
A: No. If it did then it would either have to be randomised or preset or a combination of both. This would end up being quite restrictive and would NOT allow the user to create their own individual Worlds.

Q: So if it only creates individual tiles then how do I create a World / Level.
A: To create your World simply load the Tiles you have created into whatever Software you are using to create your Game / Media App, and position the Tiles to create your World.

Q: Do I have to use / understand VB / C++ or any programming language to use this software.
A: Absolutely NOT

If you are using VB / C++ and don''t want the headache of using DirectX to create an Isometric Engine then you could use Direct Draw or even the old WinG(Windows Graphics) to create your World and Sprites. In fact using the old WinG it is easy to create a Sprite Class, which is perfectly adequate for creating a powerful 2D or Isometric style game. Anyone interested in downloading a VB(Sprite Class) then let me know and I will try to make one available for download. I''m sure those using C++ would have no trouble converting it.

If you are using a specific Game Development Software then you don''t have any problems with DirectX or Classes etc. Just load the Tiles into your software and position them in your Game Window. Couldn''t be easier!

To make things a little easier for you to preview the ScreenShots......

ScreenShot1 Isometric
Image1

ScreenShot2 Pseudo3D
Image2

ScreenShot3 Animated Isometric Door
Image3

ScreenShot4 Animated Isometric Floor (Water/Stream)
Image4

ScreenShot5 Animated 2D Door
Image5

ScreenShot5: Large Isometric Screen
www.inet2inet.com/WcScreen01.jpg

To download the World Creator software and more details please visit.
www.inet2inet.com

Finally a question for all DirectX programmers. Is it possible to create the above types of Animation inside a DirectX Isometric Engine or would you have to resort to importing it as a Multi-framed sprite? I don''t have a great deal of experience with DirectX and (have never been much of a fan) but I am willing to be converted, the main advantage I can see is the posibilty of ''Height Mapping''.

Regards Activ8

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement