Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

User home modeller

This topic is 5116 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a learner in direct X. I am using C# with direct X 9.0. I want to develop sth. like a home modeller in THE SIMS. User can drag and drop different furnitures and place everywhere he/she likes in a 3D home. I have planned to finish a simple prototype within one month (deadline at the end of Jan). The modelling part (3D studio) is others'' responsibility. Is that possible for a new learner in direct X ? Where can I find some samples and reference for it ? I find very little reference about game programming in C#. Is there any online samples or books recommend ? For further enhancement, the home will be available online. Other users in the network can enter the home which is modelled by the game user and see the new decoration. This will be finished at the end of Feb. Is the schedule too tight ? P.S. I have quite little knowledge about 3D theory Thank you very much !!!

Should be possible. The sims, despite its 3D looks, is not real 3D. I would recommend the Isometric forum. Basically you need a data structure like a 2 dimensional array to fill with objects.