Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Version

This topic is 5104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

quote:
Original post by Pipo DeClown
I''m sure it''s really good. Can you release a zip/rar version of it?
That''s faster (and cleaner) than an installer.

Nice screenshots though.

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong

- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..

Thats an interesting request, I guess I could release a ZIP version of it, but the installer just puts the files on your computer thats all and there is an uninstaller that removes everything. Well, maybe I''ll throw together a zip version tonight

It''s for browsing reasons.

Most people (me ) just go through some threads and forums, we take a look what''s inside a ''Test Me'' thread and decide whether to test it or not. The decision is made, when those people (me ) see that you have to _INSTALL_ (OMG) and _UNINSTALL_ (OMG) the game first.
This slowsdown the browsing process, and is something those people (me ) want to avoid. So we go on with browsing.
If you were to release a ZIP/RAR version, I''d just click the link and voila! Once finished downloading, I''d only have to start the game from within WinRAR (what I use, don''t know if WinZIP has this feature though..).

The installing process takes wa-a-a-a-ay too long, for those people (me ).

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong

- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..

I guess I can see your point, I hope thats not stopping alot of people because I spent extra time to get an installer working so it was quick and easy to setup, in this case the game is only 1 meg so installing is extreemly quick..

[edited by - Turt99 on December 18, 2003 2:49:46 PM]

I didn''t dl it as I won''t have time to play (leaving on vacation tomorrow), but looks sweet. The site is great too, a nice contrast to all the programmer websites that use greens and bright purples.

quote:
Original post by JNewt
I didn''t dl it as I won''t have time to play (leaving on vacation tomorrow), but looks sweet. The site is great too, a nice contrast to all the programmer websites that use greens and bright purples.

Haha your right, alot of programmers do use greens, I wonder why that is... Well thanks for the comments, maybe you''ll give it a try someother time then..

Hey,

I just tried the Linux version on Mandrake Linux 9.2rc2
Some comments:

- I noticed the path problem mentioned in your forums also.
- On the Help screeen the "Game Menu/Continue Game" text runs under the "Quit" text. Looks like you changed the string from the original text, but didn''t adjust for the different string length.
- It wasn''t clear what the stars on the easy level were for (until I realized it must just be helping me).
- Nice, well-made game. I''d be playing with it more, but I''m supposed to be working.

- Just tried 2-player. I guess that means me vs. computer? Cool Is there ever a player vs player mode though?
- Switching between windowed and full screen has a bit more delay than I''m used to.
- Ok now I gotta work - later

Tadd
- WarbleWare

Thanks for all the comments

I hope to have a player vs. player version at some point, but since I currently don't know how to do that networking type stuff its going to be vs. the computer for a while..

The other items I have added to my list and hopefully can work those out over time

I'm definitly going to be working on documentation and help items as soon as I can cause I know things aren't very clear.

[edited by - Turt99 on December 21, 2003 12:16:42 AM]