Christmas Version

Started by
9 comments, last by Turt99 20 years, 4 months ago
Turt''s Puzzle Blocks as a new Christmas Version, follow the link in my sig to try it out
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
Advertisement
Either no one is interested in a Christmas Puzzle Game, or they are all too busy playing it to comments

I''m sure it''s really good. Can you release a zip/rar version of it?
That''s faster (and cleaner) than an installer.

Nice screenshots though.

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..
quote:Original post by Pipo DeClown
I''m sure it''s really good. Can you release a zip/rar version of it?
That''s faster (and cleaner) than an installer.

Nice screenshots though.

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong

Thats an interesting request, I guess I could release a ZIP version of it, but the installer just puts the files on your computer thats all and there is an uninstaller that removes everything. Well, maybe I''ll throw together a zip version tonight

It''s for browsing reasons.

Most people (me ) just go through some threads and forums, we take a look what''s inside a ''Test Me'' thread and decide whether to test it or not. The decision is made, when those people (me ) see that you have to _INSTALL_ (OMG) and _UNINSTALL_ (OMG) the game first.
This slowsdown the browsing process, and is something those people (me ) want to avoid. So we go on with browsing.
If you were to release a ZIP/RAR version, I''d just click the link and voila! Once finished downloading, I''d only have to start the game from within WinRAR (what I use, don''t know if WinZIP has this feature though..).

The installing process takes wa-a-a-a-ay too long, for those people (me ).

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
I guess I can see your point, I hope thats not stopping alot of people because I spent extra time to get an installer working so it was quick and easy to setup, in this case the game is only 1 meg so installing is extreemly quick..

[edited by - Turt99 on December 18, 2003 2:49:46 PM]
I didn''t dl it as I won''t have time to play (leaving on vacation tomorrow), but looks sweet. The site is great too, a nice contrast to all the programmer websites that use greens and bright purples.
7|-|3 p057 @b0v3 i5 c3/^7i|=i3|) 1337!100|< |=0/^ j||3|/|7
quote:Original post by JNewt
I didn''t dl it as I won''t have time to play (leaving on vacation tomorrow), but looks sweet. The site is great too, a nice contrast to all the programmer websites that use greens and bright purples.

Haha your right, alot of programmers do use greens, I wonder why that is... Well thanks for the comments, maybe you''ll give it a try someother time then..

Hey,

I just tried the Linux version on Mandrake Linux 9.2rc2
Some comments:

- I noticed the path problem mentioned in your forums also.
- On the Help screeen the "Game Menu/Continue Game" text runs under the "Quit" text. Looks like you changed the string from the original text, but didn''t adjust for the different string length.
- It wasn''t clear what the stars on the easy level were for (until I realized it must just be helping me).
- Nice, well-made game. I''d be playing with it more, but I''m supposed to be working.

- Just tried 2-player. I guess that means me vs. computer? Cool Is there ever a player vs player mode though?
- Switching between windowed and full screen has a bit more delay than I''m used to.
- Ok now I gotta work - later

Tadd
- WarbleWare
Tadd- WarbleWare
Hey Turt99,

Long time no see! . Nice job on the new Christmas look, and overall the game itself. I've installed Red Hat 9 on a spare hard drive this week and will definetly try out your game sometime. Nice work!

- [BDS]StackOverflow

BlueDev Studios

[edited by - BlueDev on December 18, 2003 4:52:00 PM]
[/quote]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement