MSVC 6.0 question

Started by
6 comments, last by Zeblar Nagrim 23 years, 9 months ago
Why doesn´t parameter info show up sometimes when I program? I have no clue, on some spot in my code it dosn´t happend anything when I type "something->Function(...)". Whould be very happy to get a answer. Thanks, Zeblar Nagrim, Lord of Chaos
Advertisement
It can happen because there''s a syntax error somewhere in the code file you''re editing, in that case, it will not be able to parse the names for what you are typing.

It also seems to happen if you haven''t included the source/header files necessary to recognise the variables/types in your project.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Good question.

I''ve got the same problem with OpenGL functions even if there are no code errors.

I have the GL headers included, but the code help whatsit NEVER comes up for any GL calls.

I think it''s a conspiracy on the part of Microsoft to get us all to move to DirectX
But... you can see it everywhere! Try the sourcecode in directx 7.0 SDK for a instance!

Zeblar Nagrim, Lord of Chaos
It happend more often with "bigger" objects then smaller ones (more ofter with LPDIRECTDRAW then RECT)...

Zeblar Nagrim, Lord of Chaos

From MSDN:
quote:
SYMPTOMS
When working with macro definitions in Microsoft Visual C++, the following two IntelliSense limitations occur:

IntelliSense does not dynamically resolve macro definitions.

Using #ifdef or #ifndef to define functions produces unexpected results.

I think OpenGL relies quite heavily on macros, this could be the problem.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
If you''re DSW involves a lot of projects along with a lot of source, you can see this effect as well.
you should get visual assist. It integrates right into MSVC and will show parameter info on anything (even directx). It also has a bunch of other cool features.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement