Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where to download Samsung SDK for mobile phones?

This topic is 5115 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im developing for a particular phone made by Samsung. I cannot find anything on Samsung.com or thru google. Anybody know where i can get a hold of Samsung''s SDK...? unless Samsung doesnt have an mobile sdk - which i doubt.

Guest Anonymous Poster

http://handy.samsung.de/s100_javasdk.asp

In german though...

/Calvin

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey Geeko if you find the samsung sdk and emulators will you post back where you can get them?

THanks

I''m pretty new in this industry, but Samsung mobiles can run MIDlets right? You can create MIDlets with the J2ME Wireless Toolkit right?

I don''t understand, what are the differences between Samsungs SDK and J2ME Wireless Toolkit? What should I use to develop for the Samsung E700 (if possible)?

Thanks

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong

- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..

Here''s another link:

http://uk.samsungmobile.com/club/developers_club/cl_de_01.jsp

The Sun SDK is vendor neutral and supports the MIDP 1.0 standard, it also has some standard emulator screen sizes, which can be reconfigured.

Hardware vendor SDKs are sometimes more indicative of the firmware running on the actual phone (e.g. Siemens), they often provide vendor specific extensions (e.g. Sound - standard MIDP 1.0 doesn''t support sound), and they accurately provide the correct screen sizes for the phones.

The Samsung SDK will probably provide classes to access the Samsung''s sound system.

You can use the standard Sun SDK and develop standard MIDP 1.0 midlets which should run on Samsung Java phones (as long as you cater for different screen sizes).