Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] help on neural net

This topic is 6358 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently working on a project to program a game of checkers. My team has almost finished the two-player version, but we are at a loss as to where to begin programming the neural net for the computer player. Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated by us all.

Any particular reason why you are chosing a neural net? I would guess that tweaking the net weights and training the system would involve more work than writing a min-max tree. I would probably avoid genetic algorithms for the same reason.

good references on artificial neural networks

I have a book at home that implements n-nets, g algorithms and fuzzy logic in C / C++. I''ll post the title and ISBN later tonight, if you want.

ManaSink

C++ Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic by the Dr''s Rau. Iv''e got the second edition, maybe there is a new one. Its an ok book. Should give you a place to start.

I wanrned you! Didn't I warn you?! That colored chalk was forged by Lucifer himself!

quote:
Original post by GKW

C++ Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic by the Dr''s Rau. Iv''e got the second edition, maybe there is a new one. Its an ok book. Should give you a place to start.

Thats the one I''ve got. Pretty good cursory intro, and has code examples, which is always a plus, even if they suck.

ManaSink