water effect

Started by
3 comments, last by chris82 23 years, 9 months ago
i have read a tutorial on gamedev on how to make a water effect, i have understand how create the map but what i have to do with it ?how can i apply the map on a image?and any good tutorial on it?
Advertisement
that tutorial tells you one theory behind water effects. like most tutorials, the blanks are left up to you. I would use some type of curved surface, splines or nurbs, and definately use shading.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
the water effect is 2d!
and ok that it only give an idea but i don''t know how to use that idea!what i have to do whit this height map?
chris82, I think I know which tutorial you''re talking about... why don''t you just download the sample and look at what the author did?

Also, the article was primarily about how to create waves in a height-map; the author decided to use the effect on a 2D texture (in the sample app), but you could certainly render the height-map in 3D, too.
eric,
i have the source but it is very complex!
it do very much more thing than the tutorial!
i''m not an expert in 2d (i do opengl)and i have seen that the effect was cool and pretty simple and i had will to make it but i didn''t understand how to apply the height map!
it''s not easy understand a similar thing when you don''t know much of 2d!
if you know this can you explain to me or tell me where to find a tutorial that explain not the water effect but the use of the map.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement