Your first game

Started by
2 comments, last by Ghent 23 years, 9 months ago
I am a relatively new programmer brought into it by a interest in games. I was wondering, out of the people here who have started and followed through making a game if they could give me some tips on what to do. A couple questions i had were... -What got you started game programming? -What reasources allowed you to learn? -What was your first game? -How long did it take you to finish your first game? Any other generic advice would be appreciated. I have beginner''s knowlege of Visual Basic and C++. Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
I wrote my first game in two weeks. it was a space invaders clone. (you can download it on my site below) I learn from making mistakes.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Hey, thats pretty cool for a two week investment. If you could tell me what reasources you used to learn how to make that, i would appreaciate it greatly. Thanks!
I got started programming back in the late 80s (I can't believe it was so long ago) when my family bought an Apple IIgs, which was top-of-the-line back then. I think the machine and all the peripherals was something like $5000. Can you believe that? It had an external hard drive with a big bad 4MB of storage space, hahaha. Anyway, I messed around with Applesoft BASIC for a long time before I started really getting into it. My first game was a very simple shooter that used ASCII characters for graphics. I think it took about a week.

-Ironblayde
 Aeon Software

Edited by - Ironblayde on July 19, 2000 3:23:19 AM
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement