• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gf11speed

Working as a team?

This topic is 6549 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was just wondering how exactly programmers work as a team. I mean, how do they organize who is going to do what, etc? How does it all work? I was just asking because I''m thinking about getting another programmer to help work with me on a project, but I don''t know how to work together with another programmer. Also, if, for example, I found another programmer to help on my project, would I send him all of my code so he could help, or what? I would feel a bit uncomfortable sending my game code to someone I really don''t know. Any information on this subject is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
- Write a great design document first!
- Divide your work after a good long chat, so everybody is happy!
- Maybe first write a few shareable header files!
- You can send him header&object file, but trust is needed (from both sides...!)

Having a good bug-tracking program and source-control program is also very helpful. I suggest CVS (WinCVS for you GUI people) for source-control and Bugzilla for bug-tracking. Both are free!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!