• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jho

Flickering.. am I double buffering

This topic is 6544 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I have a question for you windows GDI freaks. I''m doing my rendering into a Bitmap memory DC, you know, createCompatibleBitmap and DC.. etc. and BitBlt it onto the Screen DC at WM_OnPaint. I don''t see my render flicker on my 700Mhz computer, running 85Hz refresh. BUT, I notice it on the 266Mhz laptop, running 60Hz refresh. Have I implemented double buffering or not? I notice that''s a window function called SwapBuffers(), what''s that do. Thanks!

Advertisement
Yeah I think you''re double buffering. The laptop thing is, if I remember rightly, to do with the vertical sync - there was a thread a short while ago about this and LCD screens.

Well, I just read that post.

I know that I need to wait for VSync.. but don''t know how to do it in GDI..! BTW this only happens on the laptop LCD that I have.. Please help.. flickering is not nice

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!