• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogfood

Version/Source Control Software(free?)

This topic is 6543 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I really need some version control software. I''m in favor of open source, but the only servers I have access to are Windows machines, and I''ve tried setting up a CVS server under Win32 and it just didn''t work(don''t ask why, if I knew, I wouldn''t be posting this). Anyway, I''ve looked around and found lots of solutions, but they all want money(like upwards of $500 for the number seats I need).

I like to run my software development on the cheap, but I don''t buy into piracy. If I were making decent money, I would just buy SourceSafe and be done with it. So does anyone know of any free version/source control software for Windows?

If no one can find any, I''m game for writing some myself and release free. I''m not talking a lot of features here, just login verification, different access groups, modules/files check out/in. No diffing old copies, just plain backups(or overwrite may be simple enough).

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!