Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shellmis

D3D, Texture seams bug

Well, I''ve got some problems with weird bug or a feature of D3D and maybe someone could help me. I''ll try to put a shot from my app so if you are patient enough to wait till it''s downloaded you may get the point what I''m talking about. So, I have a landscape that is made of polys with textures put on them. But sometimes at a specific angle of camera the seams between triangles are seen as white dots that make unwanted efect. I guess I know why it happens, I''m just looking for a solution to remove them. Maybe there''s some render state on D3D that must be turned on? Or this is a video card feature? Anyway, here''s the shot, and notice white dots (one group is bounded by red rectangle):

Shellmis It's coming, You know...

You know that vertex right below and to the left of your red box? Make sure it''s position isn''t varying (due to floating-point imprecision or whatever) for each face that uses it. If you''re not using indexed primitives, then that could be the problem.

Other stuff to try: There is a D3D render state that specifies whether or not to blit the last pixel in each scan line of the primitive (check the SDK). Also, if the white dots still show up when rendering with the RGB device, you can be sure it''s not your video card.