Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slavomir

Tricks of the Windows Game ..Guru

slavomir    122
I just buyed that book and read it to the seventh chapter, but now the democode does not work >( Could anyone just answer me, whether this is a problem of my computer or of the book. Slavomir PS: I tried the precompiled programs, too.

Fender148    122
Were in the same boat, most of my problems lie in the t3dlib1.cpp file, Ive been able to fix a lot of them but everytime I figure something out, something else stops me. Some of the credit should probably credited to my lack of experience but when you find == instead of = at the end of if''s and things like that... Ive heard here the cd is corrupted, whether or not that means the source code or some of the cds are defective I dont know, Ive written to the author, his website (xgames3d.com)has a link to the publishing company where you can get a replacement disc, I have one on the way but I dont if it will do any good. If you find anything out, give me a ring, my email is fender148@aol.com. Thanks

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
I figured out that the best way to read this book is by learning how to get done the stuff technicaly, and then do it your self with your OWN code.

Trueman    122
I bought the book and found that the CD was corrupt. The publisher replaced the CD and everything worked OK after that. (I didn''t compile all of the source code on the CD - I prefer to make extensive modifications, using the existing code as a starting point).

Mark

DarkMage139    294
The Anonymous Poster is right.

- DarkMage139
++++++++++++++++
I can do things, things you never knew,
I can change your world if you only knew.

I can do miracles if you want me to.
Anything is possible, I'll prove it to you.

n0p3x    122
Hi,

I''ve got the book and the errors arn''t just in the CD. Their are plenty of errors in the written code within the book. Seems like Andre was in a rush when writing down the code.

However, most of the problems are silly and easy to correct. The problem I first had was that I believed his code MUST be right and that I was wrong which caused me hours of debugging.

Later,
Dave