• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dihhuit

DirectX(D3D) Help?

This topic is 6519 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have tried to compile/build some of the DirectX 7 SDK as well as some from this site. They compile fine, but when I try to link it I get 17 "link error: 2001" w/ like 17 unresolved externals. I have read and tried to use solutions to similar problems on this message board, but it still doesn''t work. (I use Visual c++ 6.0) Thank you for your help.

Advertisement
Seems like the good old "forgetting to include the *.lib files" problem.

Make sure that you link with ddraw.lib, d3dim.lib, dxguid.lib
then it should work.

Yeah, I did that and everything else people on the forum said for solutions to similar problems as well as read all of the tutorials on the gamedev reference site. I can only think of one reason for my problem:

Since all of the link errors are coming from a single .lib file, I think it may be out of date. Do you know where I can download a new one?

thx.

in VC -
Tools->Options->Directories
Add the SDK paths.see that the SDK''s include and Lib directory are at the top.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!