• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gimpy

Setting up a OpenGL project...

This topic is 5310 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, well i just have this stupid question. I am using VS.net and i was wondfering what is the proper way to set up a new project for an opengl application. The book i am studying opengl has many VS 6 projects with it so i have just been clicking on them and converting them to the VS.net. But when i go to create my own project and use the same source code i have been using it doesn''t work. This is what i am doing: 1) open VS.NET 2) -> new project 3) Visual C++ Project -> Win32 Project 4) Application settings -> Windows Application ( and check empty project) Is this correct?? Stupid Everything!!

Advertisement
I don't use VS anything, but make sure that you add the OpenGL libraries to your project as well (opengl32.lib and glu32.lib). Alternatively, you can place the lines:

#pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "glu32.lib")

into one of your source files.

[edited by - Thunder_Hawk on January 3, 2004 6:00:11 PM]

quote:
Original post by Thunder_Hawk
I don''t use VS anything, but make sure that you add the OpenGL libraries to your project as well (opengl32.lib and glu32.lib). Alternatively, you can place the lines:

#pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "glu32.lib")

into one of your source files.

[edited by - Thunder_Hawk on January 3, 2004 6:00:11 PM]

Yeha all my libraries are includes. All the other projects compiled and ran just fine.

Adding a library to your project is different from including a header and is typically only addressed in a project file. If that's not it though, then I can't help you.

[edited by - Thunder_Hawk on January 3, 2004 6:19:29 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!