i need to know what to do C++

Started by
1 comment, last by LaDd 20 years, 3 months ago
i have dev-C++ and i want to know if i need this it opens whene i start a new program #include <windows.h> /* Declare Windows procedure */ LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProcedure(HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM); /* Make the class name into a global variable */ char szClassName[ ] = "WindowsApp"; int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hThisInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpszArgument, int nFunsterStil) { HWND hwnd; /* This is the handle for our window */ MSG messages; /* Here messages to the application are saved */ WNDCLASSEX wincl; /* Data structure for the windowclass */ /* The Window structure */ wincl.hInstance = hThisInstance; wincl.lpszClassName = szClassName; wincl.lpfnWndProc = WindowProcedure; /* This function is called by windows */ wincl.style = CS_DBLCLKS; /* Catch double-clicks */ wincl.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX); /* Use default icon and mouse-pointer */ wincl.hIcon = LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION); wincl.hIconSm = LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION); wincl.hCursor = LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW); wincl.lpszMenuName = NULL; /* No menu */ wincl.cbClsExtra = 0; /* No extra bytes after the window class */ wincl.cbWndExtra = 0; /* structure or the window instance */ /* Use light-gray as the background of the window */ wincl.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH) GetStockObject(LTGRAY_BRUSH); /* Register the window class, if fail quit the program */ if(!RegisterClassEx(&wincl)) return 0; /* The class is registered, let''s create the program*/ hwnd = CreateWindowEx( 0, /* Extended possibilites for variation */ szClassName, /* Classname */ "Windows App", /* Title Text */ WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, /* default window */ CW_USEDEFAULT, /* Windows decides the position */ CW_USEDEFAULT, /* where the window ends up on the screen */ 544, /* The programs width */ 375, /* and height in pixels */ HWND_DESKTOP, /* The window is a child-window to desktop */ NULL, /* No menu */ hThisInstance, /* Program Instance handler */ NULL /* No Window Creation data */ ); /* Make the window visible on the screen */ ShowWindow(hwnd, nFunsterStil); /* Run the message loop. It will run until GetMessage( ) returns 0 */ while(GetMessage(&messages, NULL, 0, 0)) { /* Translate virtual-key messages into character messages */ TranslateMessage(&messages); /* Send message to WindowProcedure */ DispatchMessage(&messages); } /* The program return-value is 0 - The value that PostQuitMessage( ) gave */ return messages.wParam; } /* This function is called by the Windows function DispatchMessage( ) */ LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProcedure(HWND hwnd, UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { switch (message) /* handle the messages */ { case WM_DESTROY: PostQuitMessage(0); /* send a WM_QUIT to the message queue */ break; default: /* for messages that we don''t deal with */ return DefWindowProc(hwnd, message, wParam, lParam); } return 0; }
Advertisement
If you're a beginner you sure don't need that. You need to find out how to make a plain console C++ application where it defaults to an empty project. the header &ltwindows.h> above is to produce a windows app by using the win32 API. Since you may just be starting out, using it will confuse you at this point. I could point you to how to open a console project, but I use msvc.net so you may have to google or search your docs for 'console' and 'project' and/or 'application'

EDIT: I did a quick google, and this site visually outlines how to do it with version 4. Maybe similar to yours.

clicky(pdf file)

[edited by - nervo on January 3, 2004 8:09:05 PM]
Well, R2D22U2..
ok, i am trying to make a game falling blocks so... also if you know anything that can help tell me thx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement