Keyloggers and Bears an Tigers, Oh My!

Started by
10 comments, last by ShaneD 20 years, 3 months ago
I think my girlfriend is cheating on me, so I want to implement a keylogger to run silently and record all keyboard input. Of course, I could probably just ask her, but that would be too tootin'' honest. I''d rather slither around behind her back like the snake I am. With a keylogger I''ll be able to track her input and if she''s up to no good. I could buy one, and I see they make software and hardware keylogger''s alike. But I''m broke and creative, so making my own keylogging program seems like the perfect resolution. I''ve Googled, I''ve MSN''d. I''ve even asked Jeeves. But no one has anything to say about keyloggers in terms of writing them. Here are my criteria: (1) The program will run on my computer (which she uses all the time especially when I''m not home and she needs to get lots of "work" done. (2) The program must be as undetectable as can be while running (no minimizable windows, etc.) (3) No matter what she''s doing, surfing the web i.e. my IE or making spread sheets, I want it to capture all keyboard input. This is the core part that I just plain out do not understand how to resolve. Anyways, besides booing me offstage and throwing cabbage and other random vegetables at me, has anybody got a useful idea for how I might solve this? Or am I just dreaming? (I''m allergic to cabbage.) Victimized in Indiana, ShaneD
Advertisement
No. Maybe you should explain your concerns to her rather than spying on her. You don't seem to have a lot of respect for her, so maybe she would be better off if she was seeing someone else.

[edited by - smart_idiot on January 4, 2004 2:03:03 AM]
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Writing a keylogger is trivial. Your suggestion, however, is absolutely horrible. People deserve their right to privacy. How would you like it if somebody had been logging and disseminating everything you had done on your computer for the past year?

I strongly discourage anybody from responding to this with solutions. With all due respect (none) hopefully she is cheating on you, she deserves somebody better.

[edited by - haro on January 4, 2004 2:04:35 AM]
You guys are absolutely right. I apologize.
But I was fukkin haro''s ma last night.
quote:Original post by ShaneD
But I was fukkin haro''s ma last night.

So, who''s cheating on whom here ?
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Key Katcher

[edited by - extrarius on January 4, 2004 6:23:07 AM]
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Look into the window creation flags, I think there is a WM_HIDDEN or what ever! Then just use c# and say on key press text.txt += keypress

Check out my Forum
My First Space Art (Ever)
My Second Space Art (Ever)
My upcoming space mod for Battlefield: 1942.

Status: 25% Me and a friend are working on it, we are pretty much ready to release in game screenshots.
The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
here, since i truly doubt she is having sex with someone while typing at your PC.
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
I agree with krez, but if you really want to know you can make a basic keylogger using GetAsyncKeyState.

--------
"Hey, what about those baggy pants you kids are wearin'' these days? Aren''t they hip and cool and poppin'' fresh?"-Peter Griffin
"Everytime I see an M followed by a dollar sign I just say "oh god" and go to the next post."-Neurokaotix
the D programming language|google|msdn|XLib reference manual

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement