Need good source code.

Started by
4 comments, last by SSJCORY 20 years, 3 months ago
Can someone please link me to good source code of a game programmed in c++/w/directx. I can never find the simple ones, I always find one that is 10000 lines. I mean I dont want a link to an rpg i want a link to like a pong game or a tetris game. Thanks, Cory Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Advertisement
hrm this is stickied to the top of this forum but here you go...

Tetris in a hour

RanBlade
"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry." - Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios
[GameDev][C++ Page][Game Tutorials][FreeBSD][HawkNL(Hawk Network Library)][NeHe Productions][Gamedev book's]
[Virtually Online-Books][Mage Tower Ent-My Site]

[edited by - RanBlade on January 4, 2004 3:30:06 AM]

Eric Ranaldi a.k.a RanBlade

[size=1]"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...

[size=1]Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry."

[size=2]- Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

[size=1][GameDev][C++ Page][Unity Game Engine][Panda3D Game Engine][NeHe Productions][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej's Guide to Network Programming]

[size=1][FreedBSD][My Site][Gamasutra][Khan Acadamey]

No i need it with directx not just windows.

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
quote:Original post by SSJCORY

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|

WTF
Code all night.Sleep when your'e dead.
quote:Original post by countermind
quote:Original post by SSJCORY
WTF
He wants a game that uses DirectX. RanBlade linked to one which didn''t use DirectX.

I found this with a quick Google search.
<< I can never find the simple ones, I always find one that is 10000 lines. >>

Have you made a Breakout yet? Here is my Breakout with Win GDI and no back buffer. Probably about as simple as you can make it in Win32, its under 1000 lines.

VazBreak.cpp | EXE

In my opinion, you are getting in over your head trying to do a 2D game with Direct3D. I would use Win GDI or DirectDraw. Less set up required. Also I would use straight C and forget object oriented stuff, but that''s a matter of style/preference. There are straight C calls to DirectDraw I found out.

I compiled all the beginning DirectDraw GameDev articles into one text file here

DirectDraw.txt

Phil P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement