Do you make your own models?

Started by
14 comments, last by MessageBox 20 years, 3 months ago
Does anyone(hobbyists) actually build there own 3d models for their games, or do they use existing models you can get off the net?
Advertisement
I make my own. The really simple ones I used initially were hand coded, then I picked up Milkshape3d.

yckx
I make my own, too.

Josh
vertexnormal AT linuxmail DOT org

Check out Golem: Lands of Shadow, an isometrically rendered hack-and-slash inspired equally by Nethack and Diablo.
i just use cubes. if it ever gets far enough to matter i''d get someone else to make the models
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])

i''m using models from public sites for testpurposes
i''m no graphician, and i don''t know one who could take up the work for my private things.

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
DJSnow---this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
I tend to program in ''layers'' First I will program the engine, then go through and add in eye candy such as 3D Models and such. Way back when I downloaded objects off the net, but now I use Milkshape 3D to model objects, UV Map them with LithUnwrap and texture them using Paintshop Pro. That setup is about 100 dollars, not bad

RPGamer
Eternal Destiny - A 3D RPGHelp Wanted! Email us! join@eternaldestinyonline.com
I input the floats in binary.
I think I''m going to get Milkshape, I haven''t seen a bad word said about it.
What''s the deal with it anyway, is it free? I went to the site and found a download link, I thought it wasn''t supposed to be free.
quote:Original post by MessageBox
I think I''m going to get Milkshape, I haven''t seen a bad word said about it.
What''s the deal with it anyway, is it free? I went to the site and found a download link, I thought it wasn''t supposed to be free.

Milkshape is pretty good. Its not free but it is pretty darn cheap (especially compared to the other modelers which cost way more). About the only other low cost alternative is Blender (which is free, but has an awful UI and a horrible elitist attitude surrounding it).
Anim8or is equally as good as milkshape and it is free. I''ve used this to model loads of stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement