What does clip = proj*view actually mean?

Started by
3 comments, last by Captian Goatse 20 years, 3 months ago
I'm practicing homogenous cordinates here. This is used to get the clip matrix where you extract the plane equations for the six planes of the view frustum. Now does anyone have any reliable source of how this was acquired and what does it mean? This is especially used in Morley style frustum culling. eidt: looks like i got it wrong in the title. clip = view*proj. my bad. [edited by - Captian Goatse on January 4, 2004 10:33:09 AM]
Advertisement
Wait is this Foleys VPN model?
Captain Goatse! He''s the hero! Gonna take polution back to gbs.

All the examples i''ve seen, and the way i''ve implemented it, use quaternion cameras. If i was you i''d look at the way OGRE does it. If you want me to show you where in the code talk to me on irc.

thanks ^_^
-jonnii=========jon@voodooextreme.comwww.voodooextreme.com
quote:Original post by jonnii
Captain Goatse! He''s the hero! Gonna take polution back to gbs.

All the examples i''ve seen, and the way i''ve implemented it, use quaternion cameras. If i was you i''d look at the way OGRE does it. If you want me to show you where in the code talk to me on irc.

thanks ^_^

Shut up animu fag.

I''ll gbs2fyad. :coal:

^___________^

Installed linux problem solved.
assuming that you have a w-friendly projection matrix....

1. construct the 8 vertices of the view frustum (a cuboid in this case, -1.0 ~ +1.0 x, -1.0 ~ + 1.0 y, 0 ~ 1 z), in projection space.

2. multiply your projection and view matrices together, in whatever manner works

3. calculate the inverse of the composite matrix. D3DX provides a nice function to do this.

4. transform each of the vertices using the inverse matrix you just made.

5. construct planes from 3 points, from each of the six faces of the resulting frustum.

That''s how the DirectX9 SDK "Cull" sample does it. No credit for me

Chris
die or be died...i think

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement