Space RTS!!

Started by
23 comments, last by maxd gaming 20 years, 3 months ago
After reading the "3d" RTS post, I decided I would post for some help. I need some space stuff! (Names and descriptions!) Check out my Forum My First Space Art (Ever) My Second Space Art (Ever) My upcoming space mod for Battlefield: 1942.
Status: 25% Me and a friend are working on it, we are pretty much ready to release in game screenshots.
The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
Advertisement
so you're telling me you've got *nothing*? That's a sad start my friend.

(base)
Space station
Orbital outpost

(small ships)
Fighter
Scout
Stealth Craft
Bomber
Transport

(big ships)
Cruiser
Destroyer
Carrier

(support)
Repair ship
Mine Deploying ship
Turret satellite

[edited by - Veovis on January 4, 2004 1:00:12 PM]
Well we got a bunch of models, and Triwing! Check out the forum at HERE (GO TO THE FORUM DONT LOOK ANY WHERE ELSE! EVERYTHING ELSE IS OLD!)

Check out my Forum
My First Space Art (Ever)
My Second Space Art (Ever)
My upcoming space mod for Battlefield: 1942.

Status: 25% Me and a friend are working on it, we are pretty much ready to release in game screenshots.

[edited by - Maxd Gaming on January 4, 2004 1:04:16 PM]
The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
Your storyline hurt my brain. ...Portals popping up everywhere, time travel, convenient (or maybe inconvenient) coincidences, fickle aliens, and the fact that the entire Earth''s defense abandoned the plant so they could go through a portal they know nothing about because it''s only going to be around for a short while.

...and how are you going to use a tank in space?
LOL. Not using that storyline, that was all Kurts idea. I have a great one on paper!

Check out my Forum

quote:Original post by Veovis
(base)
(small ships)
(big ships)
(support)
quote:

Most space-strategy games allow dynamic ship designing.

- Rob
quote:Original post by maxd gaming
Well we got a bunch of models, and Triwing! Check out the forum at HERE (GO TO THE FORUM DONT LOOK ANY WHERE ELSE! EVERYTHING ELSE IS OLD!)

Wings are unnecessary in space. All they do is add extra mass, which is something to *avoid.*

- Rob

quote:Original post by maxd gaming
LOL. Not using that storyline, that was all Kurts idea. I have a great one on paper!

Do tell.

- Rob
quote:

Most space-strategy games allow dynamic ship designing.

- Rob

And how would that work?

Check out my Forum

[edited by - Maxd Gaming on January 4, 2004 3:14:32 PM]
ok, wings in space ARE useful,... but NOT aerofoils wings. Wings would be useful as weapon mounts, and mounts for thruster ports.

I wish I could find my friends article on space combat theory. As they were REAL theory, done for a paper in university after studing advanced propulsion, and space transportation physics,...

Also, the mass of an space fighter, well, it would depend on its role, and what sort of technologies it has. A larger kamakazi, or slower accelerating, heavy armored vechicle would want LOTS of mass, where as a lightweight fighter that relied on getting out of the way of shots would want as little as possible.

(Then there is the idea of inertia canceling fields, which would mean the mass wouldn''t mean shit as far as it getting around)
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement