Need help shopping.

Started by
3 comments, last by drkpriest 20 years, 3 months ago
Hey all, I''m just wondering if anyone has a favourite 3d game engine architecture and design book that could tell me. I''m familiar with c and c++ and am currently studying opengl through the opengl programming guide (red book), opengl reference manual (blue book) and the superbible. All of which are some of the best books i have ever read. I''m just in need of a book to help me with my 3d game engine. I need something that will help with structuring and stuff. You all probably know what i mean so if anyone could give me some suggestions of what book(s) are vital knowledge, jump up and tell me. Thanx heaps, Mickey
Advertisement
Superpig''s enginuity series is pretty good for being free.

Otherwise, you can also look on sourceforge for projects like CrystalSpace and see how they are put together.
Dave Eberly has a book out "3D Game Engine Design" but from what i have read of the reviews it seems to be pretty maths intensive, heres the link:
Clicky

My 2D game engine
quote:Original post by Spudder
Dave Eberly has a book out "3D Game Engine Design"

I have that book. While I like it, I don''t know if that''s what drkpriest is looking for. It''s *very* math heavy, and deals much more with low-level theory than with implementation. Still, if you want to know what''s going on behind the scenes of your favorite graphics API, and are not afraid of math, it can be useful.

yckx
thanx fellas. hey i love math. i'm actually thinkin of buying the 3d math primer. anyway got any comments bout that book? good, bad etc.

cheers
mickey

[edited by - drkpriest on January 5, 2004 5:04:06 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement