Originality in games (in response to Bishop Pass)

Started by
14 comments, last by Taulin 20 years, 3 months ago
AP, what have you said other than that you're into fantasy stuff - moreso than say, something else, say something that isn't along the lines that I claim developers are into.

Taulin, yeah sure, you'll find other stuff out there which defies what I'm saying, but why are you working to show it's out there? Possibly because it isn't prevalent? Ah, but you're going to say that it is prevalent in Japan. Well, that's great, but you had to bring it to people's attention here, becaue "here" isn't Japan, for the most part. "Here" is a place that develops and sells games relating to what I mentioned.

More to the point, take a look at the interests of twenty something people. Those interests change over time. When they become thirty something, or forty something, they'll have another ten or twenty years under their belt - and that means having tried new stuff - new stuff which makes what they used to like be not so interesting.

Time will tell.

[edited by - bishop_pass on January 7, 2004 9:41:23 PM]
Advertisement
quote:And even very unsafe because instead of doing nice effects japanese games and animations sometimes just use 7hz blinking(it''s same frequency as some signals in brain).

Whow! That sounds bizarre to me! Can you show me an example of that?
Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.
I''m remembering example from russian medicine-related tv program. Blinking eyes at nearly 7hz in animation that showed on tv,throusands of japanese childs got nerve shock(heck,they showed exact colors,patterns and frequencies in news,to be sure that every terrorist know that! ).You probably can find something by google
(epilepsy tv).

one resource about epilepsy:
http://www.epilepsytoronto.org/people/eaupdate/vol9-3.html
and about cartoon movie that caused epilepsy
http://www.salon.com/health/log/1999/06/02/color_sensitivity/

Japanese games commonly have flashing patterns(explosion as blinking polyline with "BANG!" inside are most dangerous). On some computer with some human it will blink at dangerous frequency.Together with hand motoring...

Also i know(and passed with result "too dumb to resonate" ;-) medical test,looking on strobe light with electrodes on the head.To test if you have hidden epilepsy.

On biology TV i saw nice decapoda(like octopode but with ten legs ... i don''t know name in english) that blinks on special rate,turning lopster''s(not exactly lopster,again don''t know name) nerve systems into resonance,so lopster was unable to escape.Nearly 100% of lopsters resonate.

Also i saw one russian 128b intro. It produced blinking on sevral frequencies together with dangerous patterns...

So we need forum "biology in games".

Those "stylistic" and "original" games are most dangerous.
Our nerve system could work with realistic images because it''s designed to work with ''em,

and non-realistic animation that does,say,effect of explosion,are potentially dangerous because one way to do effect of explosion and shock without explosion is shocking nerve system by pattern or blinking.And that effects are MORE realistic than "photorealistic" image of explosion. TOO REALISTIC.

I don''t play games now,so i''m not expert,but i know something about biology, physics, and math .
I like puzzle games. Like good old Supaplex,especially thinking levels without "scissors". They aren''t photorealistic and are IMO original. Chess,etc. are very original games,developed at east(relatively to europe). And puzzles still developed ,but them not so popular as "kill something" games.

And of course no one will name puzzle games "original" because for avg.gamer,chess,other more-or-less damn-thinking-required games are the same.
quote:Original post by bishop_pass
AP, what have you said other than that you''re into fantasy stuff - moreso than say, something else, say something that isn''t along the lines that I claim developers are into.

err, funny, while I know my post was rather filled with ramble, it had much more to it than saying I liked fantasy games (even the part right after where I correct myself to say that it''s not the fantasy portion that I''m into.

*shrug* alright, I tried, but it seems you''ve read only the first two paragraphs of my post and moved on.

quote:Original post by Coder
This is the "Graphics Programming and Theory" forum. Please take this to the appropriate forum.
Muhammad Haggag

Hey Haggag dude, this is "Graphics Theory" if anything was ever, so please STFU! (always wanted to say that...)
JRA GameDev Website//Bad Maniac

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement