Freelance Games Review Ladder

Started by
25 comments, last by Sean Doherty 20 years, 2 months ago
If you have an Independent Game currently in development or complete; please feel free to submit you game to the review ladder at www.FreelanceGames.com _______________________________________ Understanding is a three edged sword... Have your Independent Game reviewed on the Freelance Games review ladder. www.FreelanceGames.com
_______________________________________Understanding is a three edged sword...Freelance Games - Home of XBLIG Starchonwww.FreelanceGames.com
Advertisement
Submit how? There wasn''t any description how to actually submit a game, though there were two emails given in the review and faq section.

I really didn''t like the design on the page either, I found it to messy. A more "clean" design would''ve been better.
You can submit your game as follows from the Review section.

quote:
...during the sites Beta Launch your must email the name, description, and the URL of your Independent Game to the following address: sdoherty@nbnet.nb.ca

From Anonymous Poster
quote:
I really didn't like the design on the page either, I found it to messy. A more "clean" design would've been better.

Please keep in mind that the site is in Beta and it will continue to evolve over time. That said, I think the design is fairly clear; what browser and screen resolution are you using?

Can you please clarify how the site is messy and would it be possible for you to email me a screen shot so I can see how it looks on your system?

Thanks

[edited by - Sean Doherty on January 5, 2004 10:03:36 AM]

[edited by - Sean Doherty on January 5, 2004 10:16:23 AM]
_______________________________________Understanding is a three edged sword...Freelance Games - Home of XBLIG Starchonwww.FreelanceGames.com
I Liked the designe of your site. And I also like the great idea that is of making what you are making. Keep Up the good work. When my game will be finished, I could send it there
I really like the idea of what you are doing, and I might submit my game to your site later if I like what I see.. Currenty I don''t really like your design, everything seems to be really really big, the header takes almost the full screen 1024 by 768, I think if the scale as fixed the site would be pretty good, but I''m going to wait to see so real content you know a review or 2 just to see what the site will really be like

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
Thanks for the feedback, the scale of the site will be adjusted to reflect the comments that I have been receiving; keep in mind that I actually have my screen size set to 1280 by 1024. As for the reviews, I am hoping that the majority of the content for the games will actually come from the authors of the games. However, at this time it has not been decided; and it may be possible too due more as it looks like I am starting to get volunteers to help with the site. That said; I really need people to submit a couple of good games to help kick start the site.

Thanks for the feedback Turt99

Have your Independent Game reviewed on the Freelance Games review ladder. www.FreelanceGames.com

[edited by - Sean Doherty on January 5, 2004 12:45:26 PM]
"Lastly, during the sites Beta Launch your must email the name, description, and the URL of your Independent Game to the following address: sdoherty@nbnet.nb.ca"

It isn''t clear at all that you are talking about how to submit a game here. I think you should make this clearer, and put it under a submit section. When I want to submit a game, review isn''t really the first section I look under. And make it more clear under that section too: "How to submit a game: desciption", "this is how the reviews work:", "what we want you to submit/write", etc..

And the part about the messy design, it isn''t anything wrong with the browser I''m using, it looks as supposed to.
First of all, the font you used for "freelance games" to the left is really not read-friendly. The black lines trough the text makes to harder to distinguish each letter from each other.

The menu text can be read, but is also a bit messy. And it''s really not in the most inituative place either, I couldn''t find it at first. The header isn''t usually the first place you look at for the menu. And as somebody else said, it''s way too big.

And the panels with a gradient BG from white to black, the white text becomes harder too read where the BG is white.

And maybe the borders of every panel is a bit thick? They uses up a lot of space.

And I don''t relly grasp the function of the two small panels with screenshots in them. Are they supposed to be previews of review games? But the text says "Freelance
Games needs your help!" and "Want your Independent Game Ranked?", what to the sceenshots have to to with the texts?

I know it''s only a beta, but then again, I think feedback can help fixing stuff to the real version.

And I really think it''s a great idéa. I will surely submit some of my games.
Also, how will the ladder work? Will it just be a form on the website where any schmoe could vote for/against the game? How many votes will a game require before it''s considered for a review?

---
[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
--- - 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
Thanks for the feedback, the site in the process of being changed; I would expect that many of the changes will be made in the next few days. These are all valid points and most of them are being address.

Thanks Again

Have your Independent Game reviewed on the Freelance Games review ladder. www.FreelanceGames.com
Good Idea.

Do I just send you screenshots or can you just link them ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement