Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary

Segment Disabling

Gary    122
Is there a way to disable the transformation and rendering of an entire segment. I''ve tried to set segment flags to everything from FLAG_NORENDER | FLAG_NOTRANSFORM to INVISIBLE but it doesn''t seem to work. The only way I can seem to disable a segement is to set the flags on all the faces of that segment but it seems like you should be able to set a segement flag so that PR knows not even to bother with that segment rather than go through all of the proccessing of each face. Maybe there is a flag and I just don''t know what it is. Does anyone else have an idea? Gary

ChrisE    184
You could change the visibility flags after it has been transformed to prevent rendering, but that would be wasting time because all vertices would be transformed even though the segment is turned off.

A simple solution would be to set the number of vertices and faces to 0, then restore them when you want the segment activated again.

Dr Pain    122
Pulling up an old subject here...

Is it necessary to restore the number of vertices and faces before shutting down, or will that cause memory leaks?