hardware transformation

Started by
3 comments, last by Fantasio 20 years, 3 months ago
Hi, Can I use a T&L hardware to light a VertexBuffer, then get Lit Vertex ? and, Can I use Hardware to transform a Vertex buffer with a matrix (rotate or translate) ?
Advertisement
Not only can you do those operations, but they are the whole point of hardware T/L
As for reading the calculated lighting back from the T/L card, I''m not sure... but in general you shouldn''t need to do that anyway.

-Nik

Niko Suni

T&L will do that for you definitely, but you should NEVER read back a vertex buffer from the card like that...

see if you can use a shader to interpret the data, that way it stays put on the card.
die or be died...i think
If you are asking, if you can use T&L hardware to transform a buffer and read back the transformed data back, then the answer is no. Current hardware does not store the transformed data in a buffer you could access.
quote:Original post by VolkerG
If you are asking, if you can use T&L hardware to transform a buffer and read back the transformed data back, then the answer is no. Current hardware does not store the transformed data in a buffer you could access.

That''s what I thought. Never had to try such method

-Nik

Niko Suni

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement