Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waterLINK

OpenGL nVidia opengl crash

Hí there! This days are well known by the common.... "Happy new year" but it''s still true until my crash with openGL over nVidia (GeForce4 MX 440 64MB) I''ve downloaded the last drivers 5.3xx and I know they come with a bug when using VBO (Vertex Buffer Objects) but I don''t use that any time. So that''s not my problem. My problem is simple, any time I run my program (Visual C++ 6.0 + opengl + FMod) it crash (hard reduction of framerate, 1,2 fps). But not inmediatly when I start it, it crash a few minutes later, perhaps 5 or 6 min. later. Really strange but true. And I only load the game menu (I mean, not load in memory nothing else). I have disabled loading fmod DLL (fmod.dll) trying to get something new, but the error still come back. Also, I have done a MFC application with a static text box used to render opengl. And the error is the same. OpenGL reduce it''s framerate, but the app. still response to keyboard and mouse inmediatly. My drivers are good (I think...) because I have downloaded several demos for openGL, and the run correctly, (NeHe, etc...) Some ideas please. I''m really stopped by this. Please HELP!!! Thanks

Sorry I can''t help you. I have the same problem except pretty much anything that uses OpenGL is screwed for me. I can''t play Neverwinter Nights, any scene demos etc. So far the *only* way I have found to run openGl apps is to turn off the hardware acceleration in the system performance options but that''s just dumb. Sorry