CHM Help Files

Started by
7 comments, last by MeshMan 20 years, 3 months ago
Hello All, Im soon to open a website based on Game Development and OpenGL to help us all. I currently i have a very large and interesting 3D engine that has been developed in C++/OOP for the past 2 years. Im currently looking to document it before its uploaded and shown to everyone and the selected method ive chosen is a nice CHM file. Could anyone let me know how CHM files are created, ive tried searching for weeks on the web but every single CHM workshop is not free which is what i prefer. The sooner i can do that docs, the sooner i launch! All help is appreciated.
Advertisement
I believe that doxygen can create a CHM help file. It can also create docs in other formats such as html, rtf, xml.

Its available from www.doxygen.org

James
Look for the HTML help compiler at www.microsoft.com.
Doxygen is simply a report on a set of source files which contain nasty over bloated commenting (which i will SURELY avoid).

In reply to the HTML workshop, that only compileds to the windows help format (.HLP), for a furthur CHM file, i think thats an extra product that microsoft provides.

If noone knows, ill drop NeHe a mail since he used CHM for his tutorials.

Thanks guys.

- MeshMan
But you can abuse doxygen to create the docs you want using some dummy files. Also the source is available so you could look up the way it creates the files and write your own...
Hmmm. Looks like a HTML help compiler. And what do you know? It''s on the Microsoft website. Funny how that works.
Doxbar is a nice little add in for visual c++ that makes using doxygen and compiling the output to chm very easy. It even lets you search the chm from highlighted code in the editor.

just FYI...
[size="1"]
quote:Original post by MeshMan
In reply to the HTML workshop, that only compileds to the windows help format (.HLP), for a furthur CHM file, i think thats an extra product that microsoft provides.

That''s incorrect. The HtmlHelp workshop compiles html into chm files.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Ah, does it? Thanks for that one!

I was just taking a long shot, i havn''t used that workshop alot since it was tricky to use. I guess i should research before shouting things out.

Sorry all, thanks for the correction

- MeshMan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement