Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monsters in the gelatin?

This topic is 5072 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anybody here good with drawing monsters? Or how about someone who is really pissed off, and turns into a demon or monster? Or how about a person who goes through stages of evil, and starts of as a regular guy, turns into something very evil, then from there grows into a hideous beast? What about a being that that could make heat and flames emanate from his skin? His whole body engulfed in flames? Not like the human torch or any other comic book charater though. How about a being that could make electricity emanate from his skin? His whole body channeling electricity? I was just wondering if anyone here knew how draw some things like that. Those were just some things off the top of my head because I know what I want to see, but I can''t draw worth a damn. I''m finishing up a degree, and I want to learn how to draw so I can stop getting mad at myself for not knowing how to express these ideas on paper. I was considering going back to community college to learn to draw, but do you really go to college to learn how to draw? What do students learn in art majors or minors? Oh, and if you have some nice pictures of monsters, go ahead and post them.

Guest Anonymous Poster
The thing about learning to draw is...

it doesn''t matter where you learn to draw. Community college, University, Art Institute, or whatever. I highly reccomend the work of Glen Vilppu. He''s a peach of a guy and has a great method. You can see some examples of his work at...

http://www.awn.com/mag/issue3.3/3.3pages/3.3vilppudrawing.html

http://www.vilppustudio.com/

Another great place to check is the book, "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards. She also has a book called, "Drawing on the Artist Within".

Edwards exercises on tapping into creativity and Vilppu''s basic techniques are a killer combo. Above all, remember to have FUN.
Look at the work of Tim Burton if you''re getting worried about technical skills.

-weirdy
www.weirdyworld.com

Why is it I get this idea you are talking of Fallen angels in their apocalyptical form and Werewolves using their special "electric eel" power ?

weird...

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

I think so, I''m definately after improving my modelling skills since I started drawing. It also enables you to create your own reference images so you can model whatever you like.

Lysander: Yes. Creating concept sketches for a 3d model is amazingly handy. It lets you get a feel for the model and how it will exist in 3d.

For example, I doodled around and came up with these sketches for a character. I ended up with this 3d rendered picture. As you can see, I didn''t follow my sketches exactly, but it gave me a direction to move in.

---
[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]